Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC)
- Location(s): Not Specified — Nigeria
- Specialization: • NGO / Community Services
- Industry: • NGO / International Agencies
- Application Deadline: April 14, 2018
- Job Type Contract
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC) is recruiting for contract State-Based Mobilizer.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State-Based Mobilizer (130-3/4 per state)
Duration of Assignment: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
- Leads and conduct community mobilization and communication within the assigned state
- Conduct community mobilization and communication within the selected state EAs
- Attends community-level stakeholders meeting with Zonal Coordinator and Zonal mobilization officers
- Identifies, trains and supervises identified Community Mobilizers (CMs)
- Participates in advocacy visits in each state
- Participates in communication, mobilization and engagement activities in each state
- Coordinates EA entry and departure meetings
- Works with Zonal Mobilizers, Field Team Leads and CMs to schedule household surveys and data collection
- Monitors community perceptions with Zonal Mobilizers and CMs
- Support the linkage to care for identified positive respondents not in care
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues within the state
- Communicates with Zonal Coordinator, Zonal mobilizers and CMs
- Reports to Zonal Mobilizers.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc/BA or its equivalent in mass communication, Social marketing, public health, health education or a relevant field
- A demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English with a good understanding and ability to communicate in at least one indigenous Nigerian language
- Understanding more than 2 Nigerian languages and local languages in assigned state will be an added advantage
- An advanced degree in relevant field will be an added advantage
- Experience with the terrain, culture and structure in the assigned State.
- Must be someone well respected and known with good character
- Must have at least 5 years working experience in Public Health Service demand creation within the locality or/and experience conducting communication and mobilization activities
- Must have a good track record of active liaison with Community Based Organizations, Traditional and Religious institution in dealing with complex issues and multi-facet activities in the community
- Prior successful experience performing Community Mobilization role in a HIV/AIDS or Health related Survey is highly desirable
- Presence/ living in the state will be an added.
Application Closing Date
14th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Note: Indicate the State you are applying for in your application.