- Location(s): • Lagos, South West — Nigeria
- Specialization: • Engineering/ Technical
- Industry: • Oil and Gas / Mining
- Application Deadline: February 15, 2018
- Job Type Fulltime
Max-Migold Limited is recruiting for fulltime HSE Supervisor.
Max Migold Limited – Our client, a leading Oil and Gas company, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Supervisor
Department: Facilities Management
Reports to: Site Manager
- The Health Safety and Environment Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating day-to-day operational activities of Operators and Technicians and ensuring jobs are completed in a safe and timely manner by providing planning, direction and control of all work activities carried out on company’s facility and in line with the stipulated processes and procedures
- Support the team with planning, coordinating and implementation of effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the departmental objectives are met.
- Provide support to Project and Operation team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety and environmental issues.
- Assist with developing HSE plans.
- Ensure training, toolbox meetings, and drills are implemented as part of the company’s training and HSE program, i.e. emergency response systems, emergencans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as client requirementsy preparedness etc.
- Prepare all required reports on a weekly, daily and monthly basis OR as required.
- Investigate and complete the process for close out of all incident/accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit lessons learned to the site manager/management. And review documentation on meetings, inspections, near misses, for completeness and provides feedback.
- Manage Safety Statistic reporting within the organization. Track and provide regular HSE performance reporting to the site manager.
- Conduct HSE training and orientation to all new employees.
- Ensure all part of the worksites are HSE compliant and in line with Company policies and safety standards.
- Support HSE personnel within the organization in the development of work site HSE campaigns and good practices.
- Assist in ad-hoc HSE tasks/projects as required.
- Facilitating inductions of 3rd party contractors prior commencing any work activities on the company premises and also ensuring that Job Safety Analysis (JSA) is conducted before commencing the task.
- Ensure that Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for all materials are available and shared as required.
- Ensure that the following material is available and on-site, standard HS&E Manual, the applicable state legislation and regulations, site safety inspection forms, observation forms, tailboards and logbooks, fall protection plans etc.
- Coordinate a regular meeting with project safety team to review issues, trends, and upcoming conditions or events.
- Demonstrate commitment to organization’s HSE policies and goal for zero incidents.
- Coordinate emergency response drills.
- Other duties as required.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- B.Sc. in Engineering or equivalent with additional professional and a Masters Degree would be an additional advantage.
- Qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
- 3 or above years’ experience in Health, Safety and Environment and Fire Services management of which at least 1 year should be in a supervisory capacity.
- Good attention to details
- Good power of persuasion
- Effective communication and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage numerous simultaneous tasks.
- Working Condition includes foot and vehicle travel within the facilities for supervisory duties, communication with, the other team member
- Physical demands include a lot of walking, climbing ladders to storage and as required, lifting, and bending, etc.
Apply via this link: maxmigold.com