Mechanical And Electrical Design Engineer
Alliance Engineering Consultants Limited
AECL is recruiting for fulltime Mechanical and Electrical Design Engineer.
Location(s): • Lagos, South West Towns: −Ilupeju — Nigeria
Specialization: • Engineering/ Technical
Industry: • Engineering / Construction / Real Estate
Application Deadline: December 20, 2017
Job Type Fulltime
Salary ₦1,000,000 – ₦1,700,000 Naira per Annum
Are you a Design Engineer with Mechanical and Electrical or Electronic Experience looking for a role where you will be provided with the technical training needed to become an expert in your field as you design highly specialist equipment?
In this capacity you will be required to perform the following duties and hold responsibilities.
- Provide input on design strategy and conceptual design relative to electrical installations.
- Undertake design calculations within major building projects.
- Prepare design specification/report including the production of 2D \ 3D CAD layouts and visuals design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules.
- Carry out design to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards.
- Carry out design to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements.
- Prepare and take responsibility for project engineering solutions for detail design
- Prepare Technical Specifications and check work/specifications of subordinates
- Work as part of a team to meet project brief and programme requirements.
- Commit to supporting the strategic companies sustainability policies and the internal environmental programme objectives.
- Lead single or multi-discipline projects on behalf of the company (operating as Job or Project Leader as appropriate) in the co-ordination and delivery of individual projects, including attendance at meetings, internal programming, project reviews, etc
- Manage client and design team relationships.
- Understand client needs and interpret and confirm the project brief.
- Provide assistance and support to other members of the engineering team within the office. Undertake constructive peer reviews of other designer’s projects.
- Demonstrate a wide knowledge and relevant project experience of building services engineering across a range of sectors.
- Have an understanding of Mechanical and Electrical engineering systems and the ability to report on both disciplines during meetings, etc
- Undertake project technical/quality reviews and attend design workshops for projects relevant to experience across the practice
- Contribute to the company-wide initiatives with respect to technical development / market sectors and processes
- Commitment to CPD and self-learning including development of own preferred area of expertise
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• Working knowledge of QA/QC and HSE manuals • Ability to Analyse and produce quality reports • AutoCAD • Autodesk Revit • Microsoft Power Point • Microsoft Office Suite • Microsoft Excel
- Subject specific technical knowledge and expertise
- commercial awareness of your specialist area of engineering
- an eye for detail and a methodical work process
- IT and CAD knowledge
- analytical and numeracy skills
- creative problem solving ability
- the ability to work in a team
- effective communication to liaise with team members, clients, contractors and others involved in the design process
- leadership and negotiation skills
- written communication and the ability to write reports
- time management, organisation, and the ability to work to deadlines
- a flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt to change
- a driven, self-motivated attitude and the ability to use initiative