HSE Officer – Projects
International Energy Services Limited (IESL)
- Location(s): • Rivers, South South Towns: −Bonny — Nigeria
- Specialization: • HSE / Safety Management
- Industry: • Energy / Power
- Application Deadline: April 17, 2018
- Job Type Fulltime
International Energy Services Limited (IESL) is recruiting for fulltime HSE Officer – Projects.
International Energy Services Limited (IESL), established in 1990, is a specialist, multidisciplinary, energy services company that provides integrated, client-focused and cost-effective services in the oil and gas industry.
IESL provides clients with engineering expertise throughout the project lifecycle, from feasibility studies and scope documents to design conceptualization, construction management and post-construction evaluation. Our objective is to provide integrated, client-driven consulting engineering and design solutions that help companies attain a competitive edge in the market.
Job Title: HSE Officer – Projects
Location: Bonny, Rivers
- To drive and support the operationalisation of an effective HSE Management System & risk controls and provide complete HSE support to NLNG’s Project Organisation to enable the Front-End, Execution and Major Projects contractors to effectively implement all HSE critical processes &; Integrated Safe Systems of Work (lSSoW at the coalface resulting in an injury and loss free on time, schedule and on quality Project delivery.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the implementation of Integrated Safe System of Work (JHA, TBT, LOTO, CSE, Unsafe Acts Auditing – HSEW, PSFO, etc) activities sites to entrench best practice HSE culture, save lives and prevent major accidents.
- Drive the operationalization of an OHSAS 18001 and HSSE Control Framework compliant level-lHSEManagement System (HSE-MS) and HSE Case in all activities within the site areas with the ultimate objective of ensuring no harm to people.
- Support the implementation of HSE tools and techniques at the activities areas and consistently manage Personal Safety Risks As Low As Reasonably Practicable (AL.RP), preventing harm to personnel.
- Support the implementation of Safety Critical activities to enhance HSE Case major hazards barriers and Recovery Preparedness Measures effectiveness. Also participate in JHA review for high and medium risk activities within the activities location with objective of providing necessary and vital HSE inputs.
- Drive the implementation of behavioural safety tools (TBT, Dynamic Risk Assessment, Pause for Safety etc) to improve overall safety culture among at contractors on frontline activities within respective areas.
- Support departments in providing required HSE oversight during the execution phase of all activities in the work areas, and ensure contracts are in line with applicable Contractor HSE Management Standards, ensuring full understanding of contracts execution HSE requirements at the frontline.
- Provide required support to HSE incident owners, ensuring incidents are reported and investigated in line with approved procedure.
- Drive the Implementation of Hazards Identification Awareness campaigns and strategy to entrenchment of acceptable HSE culture among the personnel working within the facility.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- A University degree preferably in Engineering or Physical Sciences
- Professional qualification such as NEBOSH, IDipOSH, IDipSM or NISP Level 3 will be added advantage.
- Not less than 5 years post graduate working experience, which a minimum of 2 years should have been spent in a similar position or handle similar responsibility in a reputable Oil and Gas Organization.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to the outright disqualification of such candidate(s)