Deputy Project Director-Global Fund
- Location(s): • Abuja, North Central — Nigeria
- Specialization: • Finance / Accounting • Project Management
- Industry: • NGO / International Agencies
- Application Deadline: February 21, 2018
- Job Type Fulltime
FHI 360 is recruiting for fulltime Deputy Project Director-Global Fund.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Project Director-Global Fund
- As a member of the Program Management Team, the position holder will work with the Project Director to provide oversight, coordination, monitoring and reporting of the Global Fund activities in HQ and the state offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide management support to state offices focusing on work plans, sub agreement amendments, periodic fund requests, review of MFRs/SFRs, and reporting
- Develop and oversee execution of systems for initiation, implementation, monitoring Global Fund IAs’ sub agreements.
- Ensure that FHI delivers on all its promises to donors and other stakeholders (achieve set targets, deliver quality services within timeline )
- Monitor and enforce compliance with donor and FHI policies by both State Offices and IAs.
- Lead the development, testing, application and evaluation of PM tools
- Manage the design of sub grant activities as directed including the preparation of budgets, implementation schedules, modifications, requests and evaluation criteria.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of sub grants to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals.
- Guide and support the state and zonal offices in establishing sound management systems to ensure cohesive implementation of project activities.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that effectively respond to Global Fund requirements regarding implementation procedures, reporting and evaluation.
- Coordinate capacity development efforts in support of state offices and implementing agency staff and other partners.
- Ensure availability of technical resources and integrate their efforts into overall program.
- Assist in identifying, analyzing and disseminating best practices in the project through the identification of project learning sites and technical support to the national government.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders and collaborators to share information, coordinate activities and avoid duplication in the implementation of the programs.
- Remain informed on the current programs in the HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria fields by review of current literature and is alert to any implication of such strategic information for project activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 5-7 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory experience.
- Or MS/MA in social science, public health or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 7-9 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years relevant supervisory experience.
- Or BS/BA in Social Science, Public Health or related field, with a minimum of 9-11 years relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years of relevant supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, international donor organizations, NGOs and CBOs is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Considerable experience in designing and implementing of public health/international development programs funded by US government or other international donors.
- Demonstrated management, supervision, networking and leadership skills working with large, complex programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems.
- Diplomatic; demonstrated experience in undertaking high-level policy dialogue with different stakeholders.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, health systems, decentralization of services and related issues.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to intervene with staff with diplomacy and firmness.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance
Apply via this link: fhi360.com