Human Resources And Administration Officer
Pact West Africa (Nigeria)
- Location(s): • Abuja, North Central — Nigeria
- Specialization: • Human Resources / Recruitment
- Industry: • NGO / International Agencies
- Application Deadline: February 16, 2018
- Job Type Fulltime
Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is recruiting for fulltime Human Resources And Administration Officer.
Pact is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Washington DC, USA. Pact has been in Nigeria since 2005, and currently implements donor funded development projects across the country in the area of Health, integrating livelihoods, capacity development, and governance systems.
Pact is seeking highly experienced and qualified candidates to fill in the positions below for the upcoming State2State $38,000,000 USD project which will increase effectiveness, accountability and transparency of selected states and local governments in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources and Administration Officer
- The objective of the Human Resources (HR) and Administration Officer is to assist with all recruitment, benefits and hiring actions.
- This includes but is not limited to; ensuring completion of employee’s documentation, HR administration and filing as well as processing all performance actions and ensuring compliance with relevant company and labor practices, and ensuring up-to-date maintenance of personnel files as well as logistical support for the full cycle recruiting process.
- The HR and Administration Officer will serve as the liaison between the state office and Headquarters for HR and Administration related activities.
- Assist and manage staff recruitment by sending invitations, scheduling interviews, participating in interviews, conducting reference check, inform job applicants of their acceptance or rejection for employment.
- Process and/or verify completeness and accuracy of all employment actions and personnel records and documentation such as employment agreements and offer letters for new staff, amendments, transfers and terminations.
- Maintain data for employment history, confirmation, promotions, transfers, salaries, and training.
- Verification of certificates and follow-up on response from former employer and conducting reference checks of new staff and ensure that all documents in respect of new employees are received in good time to facilitate prompt confirmation of appointment.
- Prepare monthly HR reports.
- Prepare personnel action forms for new hires and forward to appropriate finance staff for addition to payroll
- Process all new hire documentation and carry out orientation/induction for all new hires.
- Assist and manage national staff separation process including exit interviews, separation letters, clearance, ensuring policies and procedures as well as local labor laws have been followed
- Process of staff benefits such as health insurance and life/Accident insurance Plan
- The HR Officer will serve as the liaison between the state office and headquarters for HR related activities.
- Track vendor contracts and payments and ensure all payments are up to date.
- Process temporary hire agreement(s) and onboarding.
- Conduct terror check for temporary hire and new hire.
- Track staff leave and ensure compliance by staff.
- Draft correspondence for and on behalf of Pact staff.
- Other duties that may be assign from time to time.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a degree in Human Resources or Social Sciences or Business or other relevant field.
- Three years’ experience working as HR and Administrative personnel within government, INGO or local NGO environments
- Good computer skills, including practiced knowledge and experience in Microsoft office package.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and explain the official employment regulation framework.
- Possess positive attitude, demonstrated integrity, confidentiality and approachability
Skills and Specifications:
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand comprehensive information.
- Basic numeracy and IT skills required for operating various systems.
- Ability to interpret, analyzes, and explains the official framework employment regulation.
- Good negotiating and influencing skills in implementing personnel policies.
- Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new recruitment techniques, methods, and procedures.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability. All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail to email@example.com.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Positions contingent on award.